Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sea Horse

When I was your age I loved the smell of the gas/oil burning when a motor like this was running. They say smell is a strong memory trigger and this time I think they are right. Once, when I was about 6 years old, I fell asleep in class and woke up to what I thought was an outboard motor running. I lifted my head from my desk and realized I was in school and that the motor I had heard was from a passing car. I hated school and loved summer. I still love summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and summer still loves you...

Dennis R. Plummer said...

That photo brought back a memory that I have not had in a long time. As a child, in our small garage at home, there was a boat motor that looked exactly like this one (I bet it is green, in color). It was always suspended in a metal trash can and sat behind the door to the right.

We didn't have a boat. Just a motor.

Sometimes we took the motor, rented a boat and fished in the various lakes around our part of the state.

Nice photo. Nice memory. Thanks.

jonathan said...

Green yes.