Thursday, February 09, 2006

Olympics

I do not have a television and I do not want one but if I had friends, I would go to the friend’s house with the largest television to watch the Olympics. Which reminds me of a friend whose sister was a dedicated TV hater. She even had a “Kill Your Television” sticker. When she finally got a television she got a huge one. She defended her TV ownership as follows: “I only use it for Star Trek and basketball.” Oh, then TV is okay for people wise enough to use it selectively but it is dangerous for the stupid masses. You see, most people watch dumb stuff like not basketball and not Star Trek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the sister of your friend has taken a page right out of the president's own talking points. She can do it 'cause she done be smart. It's us folk whut can't be trusted to think fer uhselves.

May she got one so huge it'll be the terrorists next target. And maybe the prez could get the name of it right this time.

(Talking point to W in case television of sister of jon's friend gets attacked: think "television is in the Library" not "television is in the Liberty".)

hound said...

I have a large tv. If we were friends I would let you come over and watch the Olympics on it. Wait...are we friends? Hmm....