Saturday, September 23, 2006

My Fellow Americans

As president, do you get an expressway named after you? I was wondering this while listening to the traffic report in Chicago. The Kennedy and Eisenhower Expressways are always mentioned – though I never seem to know which one I am on. As I drove I wondered if Reagan has an expressway. Moments later the road I was on became the Ronald Reagan Toll way - not an expressway, but close. Further along it changed to the Ronald Reagan Highway. This all brings to mind Presidential Libraries: if I were Pres I would not want a highway of any kind to go by my name – Jon. And I would not want a library built in my name. I do not want to be responsible for the use of resources that would go into building a Library. I would accept an existing library renamed after me or an abandoned building turned into the Jonathan Sadler Presidential Library. So, yes! I accept your nomination to run for President of the United States of America, still the most powerful country in the world (for the time being).

No comments: