Friday, March 18, 2011

Yes

I've been talking lately, with friends, colleagues, and even associates, about how it is more interesting to define one's taste by what one likes, loves, and appreciates as opposed to by what one does not like, love or appreciate. After a while it becomes tiresome to listen to your friend recount his trip to New York or Paris and talk about how all the art sucked. Or upon his return from Kenya he simply said, "Worst safari ever." I think this idea resonates with me because I have been guilty and am still guilty of doing this. Recently, I even considered making a top ten list of things that I do not like. It would have been easier than picking, for example, my favorite ten movies, artists or religions. Use "restaurants" if "religions" is too much.

With that in mind, I would like to declare that I love the word flabbergasted, past tense of flabbergast.

No comments: