Thursday, December 02, 2004

Cry baby

You know that feeling just before you start to cry? I do and that’s how I know when to fight it – make it go away. Do not suppose that I have been crying because of any sadness in my life. I mentioned a few days ago crying during the Ramones movie. Tonight I cried when Chas Tennenbaum said to Royal, "I’ve had a tough year.” And Royal said, “I know you have son.” I cried yesterday while listening to commentary on NPR about Bob Hope’s USO tours. The part that made me teary was when the commentator said that they ended every show with Silent Night. Silent Night is no mere Christmas carol. I couldn’t tell you what Silent Night is beyond a mere Christmas carol but I just tried to sing the first verse and started to tear up. The time that I cried the most tears recently was during an interview on the radio. The interviewee was a man who had made a film in which people read the last letter from their loved ones before dying in Iraq. The one that really got to me was a wife reading a “just in case” letter that her husband wrote before he died. It was a good-bye to his three-year-old son. I had to let the tears flow while listening to that or die too.
By now you may have noticed that all of my crying episodes are caused from Movies and Radio. So be it.

1 comment:

Adellamorio said...

Are you using this crying thing to try and start up an internet romance? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I'd just like to know the truth. Sometimes people cry when they get hurt and that's the real crybaby deal. So, if you're looking to appeal to the gals who like sentimental guys don't mention crying over skinned knees or spilt milk, that just makes you sound like a pussy.
love,
Jason