Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Idiot's Guide to Jastin

I went to see a friend whom I’ll call “Jastin.” I had already heard that Jastin was a big reader so I was not surprised when I saw that he had a large library. However, I was surprised that all of the books looked the same. They were all yellow and black paper back books. Upon closer examination I realized the books where all different, vastly different in some cases. A small selection of titles follows: French for Dummies, Photoshop for Dummies, “Shakespeare for Dummies,” “Sailing for Dummies.” Eventually I found in a less conspicuous bookshelf some different books. When I tell you some of the titles you will understand, as I did, why they weren’t out in the open. These books were orange and had titles such as “The Idiot’s Guide to Mathematics,” “The Idiots Guide to Relationships” and “The Idiot’s Guide to Puppetry.” Jastin was understandably embarrassed about these guides for idiots. I wonder if Jastin started with the idiot guides and worked his way up to the books for dummies. I had never realized until then what low self-esteem Jastin has.

1 comment:

SA said...

Jastin learned all he knows from Idiot Guides? I find that shocking, I tell you.
Happy New Year,
S