Wednesday, December 08, 2004

If I were French I'd be speaking in French

this is an audio post - click to play


I will attempt to transcribe Robert’s monologue. Listen and read along:

"I have a different [?]. To working in exactly from the from the papers. That gets us now probably to a hundred hundred photos color for five hundred photos [not sure] uh if you were to do it that way it would be very long maybe miles and he deals he could go in and do the practice dress for hey any step I’ve been working on it goes a little like this you could get in there and he turns out to be this man – that’s right, two mens we had the most fun or the only fun having there for a long time I drop ya from the head of a – Well I can when I get my breathing and all those things go from there’s name for names and names of kinds of things that are happening, we wouldn’t know what they ‘re talking about but if I were French I’d be in speaking French on stage. Um, through the h-h-he keeps looking back to see how close he is to who? I don’t know who is. I tried all this morning to – remember when we were cutting the guts out of the magazine and reassembled it? It's-it's what I’m trying to do here with with this because I’m the kind of acoustics we were in that cabin, oh, see I can’t say I don’t know why I’m blaming myself but is like but but its damaging me I can’t get do the job my job’s [garbled] you look over here and these two [?] have been taken off."

I was not sure where to put punctuation. When in doubt I left it out. This is the kind of discussion we have sometimes when Robert has to go to the bathroom. It can be rather one-sided. When he refers to "he," he is referring to his reflection. Robert noticed that every time he looks at "him" "he" looks back at Robert. And I believe the "who" is my reflection.
P.S.
I just tried to listen and read along but I couldn't veiw the text and listen at the same time. One might open a new window and view on one window and listen on the other.

No comments: