Monday, March 07, 2005

Paranoia, Delusion and Cigarettes

Sometimes I have no patience for paranoia or delusion, which if my job had a description, patience for paranoia and delusion should be in it. But usually I do have patience for paranoia and delusion. Rarely though, do I encourage paranoia, but not long ago I did just that. I woke Robert from a late nap and as he was dressing he said, “I am so goddamn pissed off. About ten people came in to this place with…” he paused, trying to think of the word so I coached, “Boxes?” He continued, “…boxes and they carried away hundreds of books.” But I told him that I did not let them get away with anything. I said all the books are still here. He was thankful to hear that.
Earlier he got in the car and was upset because J. keeps stealing his cigarettes (and sometimes a shoe). He had 5 lighters and no cigarettes. He rarely lights them anymore when he has them, but they are a comfort. For the record, J. never takes Robert’s cigs. He takes hers, but he doesn’t know it. All cigarettes are equal to Robert.

No comments: