Monday, July 04, 2005

Albuquerque, New Mexico


toadpond
Originally uploaded by Jonathansadler.
Back in Albuquerque and, in case you were wondering, Robert did recognize me. I walked into the house around 6:00 AM and his wife said, “Jon?” and Robert jumped out of bed saying, “Where is he?” And when he found me he hugged me with his head pressed against my chest saying something about not believing I found him. Then he asked the following questions: “Who did you bring with you?” looking at the dogs behind me; “Did you bring your girl.” And “What’s that,” pointing to the air purifier. Then I offered the following answers: “Some dogs;” “I don’t have one,” and, “That’s an air purifier.”

And a toad moved into the pond. Before I left I put 12 mosquito fish in the pond. When I saw the toad I figured he'd eaten them. Maybe he did, but there are about a hundred more to take their places. These fish are prolific. Not only that but notice the plant next to the toad’s left hand - the water hyacinth. When I left there was just one; it has quadrupled in three weeks.

No comments: