Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Karaoke

When it comes to karaoke I have a few requirements:
I always bring my own mic – I’m not risking a case of bird flu (H5N1) for the pleasure of singing a few songs.
And I only sing certain songs: Big Papa by the Notorious B.I.G.; anything by Sinatra (the RCA years), and You Remind Me of My Jeep by R. Kelly.
I like the beginning when Mr. Kelly sings:
“You remind me of my jeep
Girl you look just like my car
Something like my bank account . . .”
If a lady is not flattered by those sentiments then maybe the lady isn't worth the trouble.

2 comments:

SA said...

My only requirement for my singing Karaoke is that I be within minutes of alcohol poisoning. Which hasn't happened yet.

Kathie Sever said...

here in austin there is a bar called BEERLAND that hosts something they so cleverly like to refer to as ROCKEOKE. apparently anyone who mistakenly chooses, say, "you're the one that i want" from the grease soundtrack, or maybe something trisha yearwood-ish, is actually cut off, booed off the stage and ridiculed mercilessly by both the host and the audience.
it sounds like you'll fit right in.
if that's not reason enough to start packing your bags for a road trip, baby i don't know what is.