Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Told you I was older than you, or did I say richer?

I am in the midst of the last week of my 30s. Is there something that one can do in his thirties that he cannot do in his forties? If so, let me know fast so I can do it. Someone recently told me one thing - what was it - oh yeah, see. The film department secretary told me that her eyesight declined when she turned 40. The possibility of an eye-test crossed my mind while I waited all morning at the DMV. I did not find out if I needed one though because I had to leave before my number was called.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will lose all understanding of the TV show "thirtysomething". You better have a marathon to catch up.

jonathan said...

I never watched "Thirtysomething" while in my thirties. I remember hating it in my teens (or whenever it was on). It could have that been I just wasn't old enough.

naomi said...

i wish that i could help you, it's just that i'm so young & all...

Anonymous said...

Hello Johnathan...

Approaching my 40's as well, I guess the first thing to ask yourself is this,"is there anything you haven't done, that you'd like to do?"

They say that in your 40's wisdom begins to set in because we have been around long enough to understand and process the past and all that we have learned to this point. And that you can share your own style of wisdom from your own journey.

Goals are still attainable.
Style and life "speed" changes I know for myself that I have grown up personally and I Pay it Forward.

Richness comes in the lessons we learn and the widsom we share with others.

Its all about the journey, who we meet on the road and what we learn while we walk together.

Cheers

Jeremy

SA said...

dear jon,

yesterday i picked up my new glasses. for 24 years i have worn the same perscription. but yesterday i picked up a new pair with a new perscription. really the same, except for....bifocals.

that's right. bifocals. as you know, i am 41.