Monday, August 29, 2005

Katydids

The "crickets" that I mentioned earlier were shieldbacked katydids (family Tettigoniidae, subfamily Decticinae), scientific name: Anabrus simplex Haldeman or "Mormon Crickets." But I call them simply, "Crickets of the Church of Latter Day Saints." I've heard that the Church of Latter Day Saints, the Mormons, is the fastest growing religion. Do the Crickets count? Because I do not think it's fair if they do. They are lowly insects with little free will. They should not be forced into a religion that they may or may not understand.




<$BlogItemTitle$>

1 comment:

jonathan said...

I think the katydid may say, "So long and thanks for the crops." If my research is correct these Mormon insects are herbivores. If so the katydid must have simply been treading on the grasshopper.
As a side note, "katydid" is a great insect name.