Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Adidas


my adidas
Originally uploaded by Jonathansadler.
Today a panhandler said to me, “Don’t look so sad; just think, you could be in my shoes.” So I went out and bought some new shoes. But before that, I reflected on the fact that apparently I look sad when I am trying my best to look neutral. But what can I do? When I see a person walking down the street alone and smiling it makes me feel uncomfortable because smiling to your self is kind of like talking to yourself. I am trying to learn to raise the corners of my mouth but not too high. If I’m not careful I’ll look annoyed or – I hesitate to use the word crazy- unstable? Whatever it is I do not want to look it. If you want to put someone in a bad mood tell him to smile or better yet ask, “What’s wrong with you?” If you want to put someone in a good mood, wear these shoes. (Although a woman almost threw up when she saw me try them on.)

2 comments:

SA said...

My brother, Imelda Sadler

Anonymous said...

Yuck, errr... did I say that out loud? I mean, uhhh, I like 'em?

Don't take it personally, I am just not cool enough to pull off shoes so intoxicating. And yes, I know, I didn't actually 'say' anything 'out loud'. I typed it and said it in my head while I typed. Or at least I spelled it in my head while I typed. I just thought 'say that out loud' had a more profound effect than 'typed it quietly in my room with nobody else around but myself thinking that I am so very clever pretending to let slip that the shoes aren't...' Well, you get the point.

The End