Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Complaining

At the moment I am thinking of two areas where Milwaukee has failed me. One is that the cafés that offer wireless Internet charge for it. Node, the café that I am in now, charges $2.00 per hour; the only reason that I am still here is that I ordered my coffee before I saw the $2.00 per hour sign. The other failure is that smoking is allowed in restaurants. “Allowed” may not be strong enough a word - “expected” seems closer to the smell. I may have to give up and leave this smelly establishment. This place (Node) stinks but Fuel is a hipper café closer to my house and is much worse. People complain about California and its strict environmental and health laws but soon everyone else will be dead and Californians will be happy and healthy eating Avocado tofutti in smokeless restaurants and drinking Free Trade Coffee in smokeless cafes and running on organic treadmills in smokeless gyms and killing their flat screen televisions by humane methods in smoke fee environments.

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

Yes, it's true. I only run on organic treadmills. Not the kind made with pesticides. There is a "No Smoking" policy in my gym (my gym is mother-nataure, did Emily Dickensen say that?), but we do take the roids regularly. Pass 'em out like candy. . .