Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My loss, your gain

I was not sure if I should write about this, but bad news is part of life and avoiding it does not make it go away. I lost 75 million dollars in the New Mexico Sate Lottery last week. It might have been 83 million. Of course I am devastated. When I found out I drove around Albuquerque with no destination in mind; I just knew I did not want to go home and face my family. You may find this hard to believe but this is not the first time this has happened. The previous loss was in Illinois and the stakes were higher - much higher. The actual number has since left my head but I can tell you it was more than 100 million. You would think I would learn my lesson. Not so. But if you learn anything from this cautionary tale perhaps my losses will not be in vain.

No comments: