Saturday, November 13, 2004

Why Cabin?

Ever since day one ( and what's this, day 4?) people have been asking me, "why cabin?" Because someday I hope to be writing this on an old Underwood typewriter from a mountain cabin or from the cabin of a boat.
I know of a great little cabin in northern California and there is an old typewriter but I'm not sure its an Underwood. I am sure that its ribbon is dry. I think you need a thoroughly saturated ribbon to write a blog from a typewriter.
I have spent a few nights in the cabin of a boat and it is a perfect, cozy, peaceful and private place. Who wouldn't want to blog from such a place? Every night after a long sail I would make my entry in the ship's blog, "Gale force winds from the northeast. I had her hove-to for most of the afternoon. She lost a thwart. Thank Neptune for the scuppers." Send.
I'm sorry if I lost you with the nautical talk but when you have been sailing for as long as I have, or reading about sailing, okay listening to books on tape about sailing as long as I have you'll understand how easy it is to slip in and out of sailer speak. In fact just the other day while making a u-turn I yelled, "Coming about!" which was not necessary.

No comments: