Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Four More Hours in the USA

I am uncomfortable asking for things – phone numbers, money, favors, help, beverages. Asking with a confident tone like, “Hey can you get me that number and while you’re at it bring me a pair of scissors, a cup of coffee and help me with the dishes. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it,” beats my method: “Hi. I, um, can you, you said that your friend – this is Jon - knew how to draw horses? Well, if, um, maybe you could call her or I could ‘cause I need, well, we need one, a horse drawing or at least a lesson in horse drawing but if you’re busy its okay we can find someone else. I’m sorry.” That’s the way I do it. This is what’s on my mind hours before leaving the country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travel abroad.....
1. Don't look like a tourist
2. Sew a Canadian Flag on your backpack
3. Blend in with the locals
4. German beer rocks !!!
5. Enjoy
6. take lots of pictures
and finally
7. dont hit anyone in the airport with luggage.

Have a safe trip

Jeremy
Montreal