Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Nightlife in Munich

10:00 pm in Munich. I am trying to stay up for a while longer in an attempt to avoid waking up at 2:00 am. Luke is sleeping. Our room has 4 beds, a bathtub, a chandelier, 4 beds and a bathtub. The bathtub is not in the bathroom. It is on a platform in the room. Why a bathtub in the room you might ask? For bathing, I would say. I took a bath this afternoon and fell asleep almost immediately. I woke up and the water had cooled down a bit. My fingertips looked like white raisins. (For some reason I want to continue, “ . . . but they still tasted like fingers and . . ." etc.)
On the plane, soon after sitting down, the only other passenger in my row said, “Excuse me sir? Were are you from?” I told him I lived in New Mexico. He asked if I’d ever been to Germany. I told him that I had. Then he asked, “Are all the women beautiful there?” I told him there are plenty. “Because if the ones I’ve seen so far are any indication . . . even some of the older ones are attractive.” Then he asked me about the nightlife. I had to confess that I had only been to G-town (that’s what the cool kids call Germany) once and only for a few days out in the country. It was better than saying, “I don’t know nothing about no night life as I am a tea totaling, early to bed, late to rise, bird watching so and so,” which of course was my only other option. Except for this one: “You mean when you sit in your hotel room with your buddy who is sleeping with all his clothes on while you write junk on the computer? That nightlife? Its pretty good.”

No comments: