Thursday, February 03, 2005

Acupuncture

Today I took Robert to acupuncture. He was so good. The “doctor” asked if he would be able to sit still and I said he’ll probably fall asleep. He had to lie on his side and immediately fell asleep. He snored and talked and twitched while I watched him for 25 minutes. As long as I have known him, Robert has been an active sleeper; twice he sat up but I put my hand on his shoulder and told him he had to lie still for a little while longer. He said, “That’s right you said that,” and went right back to sleep. Doctor Jason (which is a westernization of his Chinese name, Jishun) seemed to get a kick out of Robert. Afterward, Robert wanted to know what he needed to know about what happened or what was happening – not sure which, maybe both. I assured him that it was a simple trip to a doctor to try and relieve some of his back-pain. Then we went to a coffee shop called Starbucks (I suppose it’s a reference to Battlestar Galactica) where he was still curious about his role in all of this and what this place has to do with us. “It’s all very mysterious,” he said. He's right.

No comments: