Monday, January 31, 2005

Tail


tail
Originally uploaded by Jonathansadler.
We've got 4 dogs and two of them are dachshund cocker spaniel mixes (Photo and Pixel are their names). I have found at least six birds in the mouth of one or the other of these dogs over the past few months. Either they are killing them or they are good at finding dead birds. The birds have all been lesser gold finches and house finches as far as I can tell. They are pretty chewed up by the time I get to them. There was one Dark-eyed junco recently judging from the pink bill. A few minutes ago I found this tail in Pixel's mouth. I don't know what animal this tail came from.

1 comment:

mustardpie said...

last summer my cat placed a dead rat in the middle of the door mat. the symmetry was incredible. then, just off to the right, just off the mat, lay a small pile of rat babies. she must have made more than one trip. she's very diligent about hunting and display.