Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Banjo

Jason gave me a banjo. When I held it someone said, “he looks like he plays the banjo*.” I thought that sounded encouraging. Later that same night we played Cranium and I had to hum a Three Dog Night song. (Guess which one?) It turns out I didn’t know how to hum. My humming was so bad in fact that I overheard the same person say, “uh, maybe the banjo isn’t such a great idea for Jon.” Last night while playing poker someone who shall remain Joy said, “What makes you think you can play the banjo.” I told her that I am not so sure I do think I can play the banjo. Then with the encouragement of my friends I brought out the instrument and proved that I cannot play the banjo. Yet. So Joy said just play it like a guitar. I had to disappoint my audience once more with the knowledge that I do not play guitar.

*Upon reflection I think looking like a banjo player means being skinny and wearing a plaid or western shirt. Which is a heck of a lot easier than playing the banjo.

1 comment:

mustardpie said...

i think you would make a great banjo player on tv, on tv you don't have to really be able to do anything. like i could be a doctor on tv, or a lawyer, or a pilot.