Monday, January 24, 2005

Yoga

I am planning to take a yoga class. The mission of the yoga place that I have chosen includes deepening “mind and spirit.” I am aspiritual. A condition so rare that my computer doesn’t even think aspiritual is a word. How will my lack of spirituality effect my yoga experience? In the past, when I’ve mentioned not being spiritual, the person that I mentioned it to has said, “yes you are.” It is unthinkable to some people. Maybe it is seen as being a little dead – and no one wants partially dead friends. You’ve probably heard people say, “I’m not religious but I’m spiritual.” Me, I’m not religious and I’m not spiritual. I am not an atheist either. My belief in the non-existence of God is more of a suspision than a belief. Atheism feels too much like a religion. I hope this lack of spirituality does not change my relationship with you.

No comments: