Tuesday, January 18, 2005

R.F.H vs Biggy Smalls

Today, while tiling the Kitchen with my iPod on, Robert was my constant companion. Periodically I would put one of the earphones in his ear and he would dance with me. Mostly we just sort of bobbed our heads. The last time I put the earphone in his ear he listened very intently. It was the Notorious B.I.G. Biggy would say something like, “I got techniques drippin’ out my butt-cheeks.” And Robert would answer, “You mean out there . . .” or “You’re referring to the books?” But Biggy would interrupt him so Robert would stop and listen and then attempt another answer. (It is hard to get a word in edgewise with rappers.) The answers never had anything to do with what Biggy was actually saying, but Biggy shouldn’t feel bad; I often get the same kind of non sequiturs from Robert. I could see that Robert was getting exasperated with this verbose character. Why does he keep talking to me if he doesn’t want a response?

No comments: