Sunday, January 30, 2005

Movie Review: Million Dollar Baby staring Hillary Swank, Directed by Clint Eastwood

I saw Million Dollar Baby. Let me tell you about it. There was a guy sitting next to me helping his date to understand the movie. For example when someone left the gym he said, “He’s leaving.” I’ll take this opportunity to list some of the things he said:
“He broke his heart.”
“He’s not coming back.”
“She’s good in this part.”
“She’s doing that wrong.”
“You have to develop a rhythm.”
“He’s going to show her.”
“She should be disqualified.”
“She’s good.”
“I can’t do that.”
“She’s really kicking her ass.”
“She’s tough.”
“She can’t do that.”
“Oh, that’s not right.”
“This is tragic.”
“That’s why his eye is cloudy.”
“He’s back.”
I hope his date found this helpful. I confess that I found it distracting, but I didn't say anything because he was helping his stupid date, I guess.

1 comment:

dmo said...

Every time Jason and I go to the movies together that guy or one of his relatives (last time it was his uncle and two of his aunts) sits behind us. Our guy was quite the authority on the price of the vehicles in the movie, and the ladies were very good at predicting what was going to happen next, based soley on the very obvious forshadowing.