Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Better this week

Last week I mentioned Robert’s extra spaciness. At the
time I was concerned that he had taken big step in the
wrong direction health-wise. A friend of mine,
Chuckie, came to town and we took a road trip to
California. When we got back Robert looked much better
and said, “I haven’t seen you in a while.” He was
happy to see me and I was happy to see him. In the
last couple of days he has been impressively together.
Chuckie asked him if he had ever hiked and he said
that he had a little in Denver. When he heard us
mention Denver again he said, “I was born in Denver.”
Last week, for days, he never said anything that had
anything to do with anything – as far as I could tell.
Just now he is looking at an art piece he made and he
turned to me a said, “I’m studying this,” which he is.
Robert is a huge part of my life and I love taking
care of him but I admit it was much more difficult
last week. Seeing him like that was like seeing the
future; the future is not as good as it used to be.

No comments: