Friday, April 08, 2005

Esperanto?

Robert started talking to me in smooth flowing, complete sentences this afternoon. Unfortunately the words he used to make the sentences were unknown to me. I wish I could have recorded him. It went something like this but much better (and I do not even know what I am about to write): “There’s a snorble . . .” he said pointing toward the snorble. “Sweaten slog nocht the dogs, which was fine, ‘we vahje the drawing on the camp.’ It fell out of the pencil.” It went on much longer and was much more inventive. As we passed a restaurant called “Geezambonis,” Robert said, “Gasgozoom Rastrom we have to eat sometime.” He just walked in as I write and I said, “Hi Boss,” to which Robert replied, “There’s maybe thirty dollars,” and then started to leave. I asked him where he was going and he said, “Oh really,” and shut the door behind him.

No comments: