Friday, April 01, 2005

My Night Out

First, you’ll want to know what I wore. Levi’s button fly jeans, my brand new western shirt (white with blue stripes and some really fine lavender stripes), Redwing shoes, American Apparel sweatshirt (black), and a silver Timex watch with Indiglo. So I was looking pretty good. I got in the Taurus and headed downtown. First stop: the new Flying Star Restaurant (for those of you not from Albuquerque, the Flying Star is a local chain known for its large magazine selection, mediocre entrées, and pretty good deserts). The line was long so I left. I drove for a while not knowing where I was going and decided to get on Interstate 25 North. I took the Montgomery exit and spotted a well-lit restaurant called IHOP. Why not I thought. I had the stuffed crepes. Here’s what the do: they take a light, thin, French pancake and fill it with a mixture of scrambled eggs, pork sausage, pork ham and pork bacon! That’s not all. Then they sprinkle finely grated yellow and white cheese on top. If that wasn’t enough, the crepes are topped with a generous dollop of sour cream. Oh, and the coffee; real diner flavored coffee. It really tastes like a diner – linoleum with hints of tobacco. But they give you a whole pot. Can’t complain about that. All this for under $12.00! (Including tip). And if someone weren’t standing behind me while I wrote this you would see, where it tells the time and date of posting, that I was home before 9:30

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the Duke City Diner still around?

dmo said...

Tell me again what you were wearing, but this time say it slower and in a deeper voice.